Dhirubhai Parikh becomes new President of Gujarati Sahitya ParishadDecember 24, 2013
Ahmedabad, 24 December 2013
Veteran poet, story writer and critic Shri Dhirubhai Parikh has been appointed new president of Gujarati Sahitya Parishad. Shri Parikh has been placed on this prestigious post in the Gujarati literary world at Gujarati Sahitya Parishad’s 47th convention being held in Anand town.
Born in 1933 in Viramgam, Shri Parikh got his Phd in 1955 and became teacher and later principal in arts college. He became Gujarat University’s Gujarati department head. He has been editor of ‘Kavilok’ magazine. He received Kumar medal in 1971.
Shri Parikh will remain Gujarati Sahitya Parishad’s president till 31 December 2014. Details of new working committee of Sahitya Parishad can be accessed here.
- Rupani urges urban authorities to restore rain damaged roads before Diwali
- India’s First-Ever Institute Of Chemical Engineering And Technology To Be Setup In Gujarat
- Water level in Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam touches 133 meters mark for the first time
- BJP councillor arrested in Surat for slapping SMC staffer
- SpiceJet to shift its entire operations at Mumbai to Terminal 2 from October 1
- Gujarat govt set up State Yog Board, appoints Ramdev disciple Shishpal as chairman