Chinu Modi to get Sahitya Akademi awardJanuary 05, 2014
Ahmedabad, 5 January 2014
Gujarati poet Chinu Modi, 75, who has penned several Gujarati Ghazal collections, has been conferred the Sahitya Akademi Award.
The executive board of the Sahitya Akademi Committee in Delhi announced the Sahitya Akademi Award to Gujarati poet Chinu Modi, 75, on Friday for his Ghazal “Khara Zaran” in the Gujarati language category. “Khara Zaran” is Gazal collection is dedicated to his late wife.
The award will be given to him by President Pranab Mukhrajee on February 16 in New Delhi.
Shri Chinu Modi worked as a professor in Bhasha Bhavan of the Gujarat University.
- Former MLA Mavji Patel joins BJP days before Tharad by-poll
- Gujarat CM dedicates Plasser India heavy rail machinery plant at Karjan in Vadodara
- Train engine derails in Gujarat, rail traffic on Kutch-Mumbai route disrupted
- Jio accuses Airtel, VIL of illegally masking wireline as mobile numbers; asks Trai to slap penalties
- Miscreants cut SBI ATM in Ahmedabad city with gas cutter and take away over Rs 9 lakh in cash
- BJP corporator in Junagadh Abbas Qureshi arrested under PASA for misbehaviour with police