The city of Ahmedabad to felicitate Dr. H.L.Trivedi and Taher MadraswalaFebruary 07, 2014
Ahmedabad, 7 February 2014
The city of Ahmedabad will felicitate renown Kidney specialist Dr. H.L.Trivedi with ‘Nagar Ratna’ award in a function organized by the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation(AMC) at Town hall on 11 February.
Shri Trivedi returned from America and set up Institute of Kidney Disease and Research Center in Ahmedabad’s Civil hospital campus in year 1981. He also set up Dr. H.L.Trivedi Institute of Transplantation Services in 1997. Thousands of poor patients from all over Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and African nations have been treated in Kidney hospital.
The AMC will also felicitate international cyclist Shri Taher S Madraswala who belongs to Dawood Bohra community. Taherbhai has traveled 1.25 lakh distance through five continents on his bicycle in 17 years period.
The AMC will host Jagdish Trivedi and Bhumik Shah’s entertainment programme on this occasion.
- 8 dead in Shrey hospital fire incident in Ahmedabad
- In pictures: Celebrations in Gujarat over groundbreaking of Ram Janmbhumi Mandir
- AMC declares 24 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- 1073 new cases of Covid-19 in 24 hours in Gujarat, 23 deaths, 1046 recoveries
- 10 hour power to farmers in North and Central Gujarat from August 7
- Detailed concept plan of proposed Ram Janmabhumi Mandir in Ayodhya
- In pictures: PM Narendra Modi's mother Hiraba watching Live telecast of Ayodhya event
- Live: Ram Janmabhumi Mandir Bhumi Pujan in Ayodhya