“SBI bank logo was inspired by Kankaria lake”February 19, 2014
Gandhinagar/Ahmedabad, 19 February 2014
Do you know? The logo of India’s largest public sector bank, the State Bank of India(SBI) was made in Ahmedabad and inspired by city’s Kankaria lake?
In his short address at the National Summit on Financial Services in Gandhinagar today, SBI Chief General Manager spoke on this in presence of Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
SBI CGM said, “SBI is very closely associated with Gujarat since 1860. In fact SBI’s logo came from National Institute of Design(NID), Ahmedabad, and apparently the inspiration was Kankaria lake of Ahmedabad.”
CGM was asked to speak after he received allotment letter from Chief Minister Modi to set its operation in GIFT city at an investment of Rs.150 crore here.
Among others who received allotment letters was Tata Communications for its Rs. 150 crore, 4,000 sq meter data center, largest of its kind. Tata Communication announced to connect GIFT city through its worldwide submarine cable which would not only connect GIFT city to key business centers for to entire world.
Global Insurance services and other companies too received allotment letter.
- PM Modi to visit Zydus Cadila Pharma's vaccine development facility in Gujarat on Saturday: Nitin Patel
- Five dead as fire breaks out in covid hospital in Rajkot
- Bullet train project: NHSRCL signs country’s biggest infrastructure contract
- AMC announces 32 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Anuradha Paudwal conferred with Tana Riri Award by Gujarat govt
- Highest 1560 new cases of coronavirus reported in a day in Gujarat: State health department
- Those tested positive for Covid in private labs should get AMC and AMC linked beds: Nitin Patel
- Ahmedabad SOG Police nab a Pakistani woman