Gujarat plant to be ready by end of this year:Ford IndiaMarch 21, 2014
Chennai, 21 March 2014
Ford India, the wholly-owned subsidiary of US-based Ford Motor Company today said its Gujarat plant will be ready by the end of this year.
“We are on target with our plans. The Gujarat plant will be ready by the end of 2014 and the first model will roll out in early 2015,” Ford India president Nigel Harris told reporters in Chennai Thursday night.
He said the Gujarat plant has around 1,200 workers and many of them have been transferred there from the company’s plant near Chennai.
The investment in Gujarat plant is around $1 billion and there may be some short-term plan, he said.
He said the company’s plants in Tamil Nadu and Gujarat would contribute to the manufacturing of products.
- 100 to leave worldly life, become Jain monks in Surat on February 1
- A cheater duping poor patients in public hospital in Vadodara nabbed
- Ahmedabad: Traffic police constable, three towing van team members held for taking bribe
- 8 year old girl injured by leopard in Gujarat
- Locusts have left Gujarat completely due to wind pattern: DAO
- PM Modi may visit Gujarat in February