Gujarat High Court frames charge against Dileep SanghaniMay 06, 2014
Ahmedabad, 6 May, 2014
The Gujarat High Court today framed charge against former Law Minister Dileep Sanghani for contempt of court. Next hearing will take place on 26 June in this case.
Sanghani was minister when Congress released a video clip(July 2012) of his Jamnagar market yard speech alleging contempt of court.
Sanghani during his speech in Jamnagar district had said: the way the courts are going ahead above laws and constitution, it is the duty and responsibility of central government to control them. It is president’s duty to see that constitution is implemented. When there’s neglect in that direction, what about people’s security, when there’s neglect in that direction, the way things going on, it is painful, and that’s what I just want to say as Law minister. Which officer should be appointed where, how long he should be kept on that position, what tasks should be assigned to him are state government’s privileges as per section 166 in constitution.
- 3 injured as car hit by moving train while attempting to cross railway track near Dwarka
- Ahmed Patel speaks to media in Gujarat
- Kashmiri Pandits mark Forced Exodus Day in Gujarat
- UK based EV charging solutions provider company starts first free e-vehicle charging point in Gujarat
- 119 toddlers dumped in last five years in Surat
- Kite string injury even after Uttarayan in Surat