Gujarat High Court frames charge against Dileep SanghaniMay 06, 2014
Ahmedabad, 6 May, 2014
The Gujarat High Court today framed charge against former Law Minister Dileep Sanghani for contempt of court. Next hearing will take place on 26 June in this case.
Sanghani was minister when Congress released a video clip(July 2012) of his Jamnagar market yard speech alleging contempt of court.
Sanghani during his speech in Jamnagar district had said: the way the courts are going ahead above laws and constitution, it is the duty and responsibility of central government to control them. It is president’s duty to see that constitution is implemented. When there’s neglect in that direction, what about people’s security, when there’s neglect in that direction, the way things going on, it is painful, and that’s what I just want to say as Law minister. Which officer should be appointed where, how long he should be kept on that position, what tasks should be assigned to him are state government’s privileges as per section 166 in constitution.
- Power generation through reversible turbine thanks to Garudeshwar weir
- Bhanushali murder case: Main accused ex-MLA Chhabil Patel files bail petition in Gujarat High Court
- Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam decorated on tricolor theme on eve of Namami Devi Narmade Mahotsav
- PM Narendra Modi arrives on two-day visit to Gujarat
- ATS nabs serial killer wanted for killing 3 in Gujarat
- Met issues fresh heavy rainfall warning for parts of Gujarat for next 4 days