Kamlesh Patel not willing to contest from Maninagar:BJPAugust 24, 2014
Ahmedabad, 24 August 2014
BJP leader and Chairman of Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Limited(TCGL) Kamlesh Patel is not in the race for party ticket in Maninagar assembly seat.
State BJP today conveyed media that, “before one week Shri Kamlesh Patel met Smt. Anandiben Patel and Bhikhubhai Dalsania regarding Maninagar seat and told them that he is satisfied with present responsibility and he will give full support to party candidate. Further he told same to observers panel headed by Shri Bhupendrasinhji, so he is not willing to contest from Maninagar assembly seat and it is official.”
It should be noted that Kamlesh Patel was Maninagar MLA when Narendra Modi decided to contest from this seat. Patel was later made Chairman of Gujarat Tourism Corporation. When Narendrabhai vacated Maninagar seat to retain his Lok Sabha seat, it was believed that the seat will go back to Kamleshbhai. However there are other contenders too for this seat which is safe for BJP.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched