12 councillors join BJP, Congress loses power in Radhanpur municipalityAugust 30, 2014
Patan, 30 August 2014
Radhanpur municipality’s 12 Congress members who had resigned from the party today formally joined BJP. Congress had total 21 members in Radhanpur.
District BJP president Bharatbhai Arya and District General Secretary of party Babubhai Chaudhary welcomed them to BJP.
Those who joined BJP are: Raghuram Ranchhodbha Thakkar, Shankarbhai Thakor, Remubhai Sahebkhan Bloch, Abdulbhai Basitali Vora, Arvindbhai Tanna, Somabhai Prajapati, Anilaben Bharatbhai Sathwara, Rehmanbhai Ibrahimbhai Ghanchi, Varshaben Rajeshbhai Mehta, Asifbhai Ahmedbhai Ghanchi, Rasilaben Dharmshibhai Parmar, Ishwarbhai Bhemabhai Rana..
With today’s development, BJP’s strength in 27-member Radhanpur municipality has gone up to 18.
Author’s note: Today’s political development in Radhanpur will directly impact the ongoing BJP campaign for Deesa assembly seat by-poll. Deesa is not far away from Radhanpur. Though Congress members were in contact with state BJP leader Shankerbhai Chaudhary for last fortnight or so, their formal induction was arranged only today.
- Reliance launches unlimited free conferencing app JioMeet
- Indian Coast Guard recovers 24 packets of Charas from Kadiyari beyt near Jakhau in Gujarat
- Adani to build infrastructure at Hazira for Gogha-Hazira ro ro ferry service
- 8-seat by-polls: Congress appoints incharges and co-incharges for each seat
- Mahila Police Station Incharge Inspector booked for taking Rs. 33 lakh for not booking an accused under PASA
- 10th pass small villager develops ATM for Panipuri in North Gujarat