Japan team visits Vadodara for feasibility study of high-speed trainSeptember 07, 2014
Vadodara, 7 September 2014
Japan International Development Corporation(JIDC)’s seven members were in Vadodara in connection with proposed Ahmedabad-Mumbai High Speed Train project.
JIDC is involved in Joint Feasibility Study of Ahmedabad-Mumbai high speed railway system project. JIDC team on Friday held a meeting with Municipal Commissioner Manish Bharwaj and other officers. They spoke about Ahmedabad-Vadodara-Mumbai track’s alignment. They received copy of city development plan’s map and also sought details of ongoing infrastructure works.
For straight route of bullet train, proper land acquisition will be required. The Japanese team will visit Vadodara again in the month of November after further study.
It should be noted that Ahmedabad-Vadodara distance is around 1 hour by express highway, but proposed bullet train will take just 15 minutes. The train will possibly have only two stoppages at Vadodara and Surat.
The present railway station is not suitable for proposed bullet train, therefore a new station will be required for proposed project.
Japanese team involved in survey had earlier visited the city in January this year.
- AMC announces Drive-through Covid19 vaccination for 45+ at Drive In Cinema in Ahmedabad
- Recovery rate in covid cases further improves to over 78 per cent in Gujarat
- Oxygen generating plants set up by VYO inaugurated in Vadodara
- Shops, offices of those neither vaccinated, nor having covid negative report shut by SMC
- Availability of Covid critical beds increases further in Ahmedabad
- AMC declares more Micro Containment Zones in the city
- Reliance Retail 2nd fastest growing retailer in world
- Dy CM Nitin Patel discharged after 15-day Covid hospitalization