Online shopping fest traffic over 2 mn in Day 1 evening: GoogleDecember 10, 2014
New Delhi,(IANS) December 10, 2014
The Great Online Shopping Festival (GOSF) that started from Dec 10 midnight saw huge traction and the users traffic on the first day surpassed the overall users number of 2 million it saw last year, Google India said Wednesday.
“From 12 midnight yesterday to evening of the first day (Wednesday), we have already surpassed the overall users we had received through last year’s, four-day event. This signifies the increased consumer confidence. We expect to get atleast three to four times more users visiting us.
“Categories which have seen maximum traction are – exclusive launches, electronics, home and kitchen and men and women lifestyle products,” a Google India statement said.
The GOSF will go on till Dec 12.
Some of the companies, which saw huge traffic are Trendin & Van Heusen with a 7-10 time increase in traffic, Puravankara’s sale on homes saw response from home buyers with over 125 homes being booked within the first 12 hours and in Tata Value Homes over 10,000 registrations have come in for their homes across five projects in Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad and Boisar near Mumbai.
Jabong has reported four times revenue over a normal day and six times over last GOSF, the statement added.
- AMC, AUDA, GMRC building roads to World's largest cricket stadium at Motera ahead of its opening
- Gujarat to launch 1,302 programmes to ensure not a single child remain undernourished in Anganwadis by next R-Day: CM
- ACB Gujarat nabs husband of Sarpanch and cluster coordinator for taking bribe to pass bills of toilets built under SBM scheme
- Netherlands to participate as partner in Global Potato Conclave 2020 in Gujarat
- EAM S Jaishnkar to visit Narmada district during January 28-29
- Gujarat asks Qatar for long-term gas supply at reduced price