SJVN, Hindustan Salt to set up 5,000 MW solar/wind park in GujaratDecember 30, 2014
Sutlej Jal Vidyut Nigam (SJVN) along with Hindustan Salt will set up ultra mega hybrid renewable energy park, having up to 5,000 MW power generation capacity in Gujarat.
The proposed park would have both solar and wind plants.
The park will be developed on the surplus salt pan land of Hindustan Salt.
It would have the generation capacity of 4,000-5,000 MW?including about 3,500?4,200 MW solar and 600?800 MW wind capacities.
Initially, the SJVN will develop all the infrastructure facilities like roads, drainage system, power supply and water supply system, evacuation arrangement from the plot to evacuation sub-station.
At present, SJVN operates two hydel projects including India’s largest 1,500 MW Nathpa Jhakri station in Himachal Pradesh. ?
As part of diversification, Nand Lal Sharma, Director (Personnel), SJVN, said it is already developing a wind energy project in Maharashtra.
© Copyright PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Padma Awards 2020 announced: Balkrishna Doshi, Shahbuddin Rathod, HM Desai, Yazdi Karanjia, Bilakhia, Prof Jagdish Sheth among awardees
- Main State level Republic Day event in Rajkot, Governor to hoist tricolour in presence of CM
- Class-room smooch video of students of central Gujarat school goes viral
- Likelihood of light non-seasonal rain in parts of Saurashtra and Central Gujarat on January 27, 28: IMD Director
- Congress leader and ex-Bhanagar APMC chairman Jajadiya joins NCP
- 11 Bangladesh nationals living illegally in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat nabbed