Stone laying for 2000 acre Surat dream city project likely on 8 FebruaryJanuary 08, 2015
Foundation stone for proposed dream city project at Khajod near Surat is likely to be laid on 8 February. The Dream city project once completed is likely to provide direct employment to 2.5 lakh people and indirect employment to 5.0 lakh people.
A 2,000 acre ‘Dream city’ will have Surat Diamond Bourse(SDB). The project is already approved by the state government.
These details were shared by Surat Municipal Commissioner Shri Torvane while presenting draft budget proposals of Surat Municipal Corporation(SMC) for year 2015-16 before media on Wednesday.
Some of the items proposed in Surat Municipal Corporation(SMC) draft budget 2015-16:
-Maritime museum next to fort.
-Theme based lake development projects at Magdalla, Bhimdrad, Dumas, Abhva, Budiya, Pal and Palanpur.
-Two new wind power plants of 12.6 MW at Porbandar
-Rs. 200 crore power generation by year 2020
-Two model schools in each zone
-City beautification master plan
-Traffic school: Offender of traffic laws will be sent to five hours course at this school before they can get their license back
-17 new gardens, 7 new shantikunj
-10 ha dear park and walk through aviary in 5,000 sqft area at Sarthana nature park.
-Replacement of old pipelines in wall city area.
-Upgradation of health centers.
-Ward committee grant up from Rs. 1 crore to Rs. 1.60 crore.
-Laser speed gun to police.
-CCTV network and 300 ft screen with command centre to keep an eye on projects, gardens etc.
-S-connect cards for BRTS buses.
-Tracking of door to door garbage collection and container lifting vehicles.
-Data integration on GIS platform.
-More wi-fi zones on PPP basis.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Japan - India Summit telephone talk takes place between PM Modi and new PM of Japan Suga Yoshihide
- Bilateral Maritime Exercise Between Japan and India (JIMEX 20) to Commence off West Coast of India
- Centre sanctions 250 electric buses for two cities of Gujarat; also approves 50 charging stations
- When world was using space for military domination, Dr Sarabhai thought its use for fast-track development: President Kovind
- Entire Rolling Stock of India's first RRTS train to be manufactured at a Gujarat plant
- MG Motor India to invest Rs 1,000 crore to boost capacity at Gujarat plant, mulling another manufacturing plant
- AMC declares 7 more Micro Containment Zones
- Bullet train project: NHSRCL opens Technical bids for 28 Steel bridges and 88 km of viaduct between Vadodara and Ahmedabad