Stone laying for 2000 acre Surat dream city project likely on 8 FebruaryJanuary 08, 2015
Foundation stone for proposed dream city project at Khajod near Surat is likely to be laid on 8 February. The Dream city project once completed is likely to provide direct employment to 2.5 lakh people and indirect employment to 5.0 lakh people.
A 2,000 acre ‘Dream city’ will have Surat Diamond Bourse(SDB). The project is already approved by the state government.
These details were shared by Surat Municipal Commissioner Shri Torvane while presenting draft budget proposals of Surat Municipal Corporation(SMC) for year 2015-16 before media on Wednesday.
Some of the items proposed in Surat Municipal Corporation(SMC) draft budget 2015-16:
-Maritime museum next to fort.
-Theme based lake development projects at Magdalla, Bhimdrad, Dumas, Abhva, Budiya, Pal and Palanpur.
-Two new wind power plants of 12.6 MW at Porbandar
-Rs. 200 crore power generation by year 2020
-Two model schools in each zone
-City beautification master plan
-Traffic school: Offender of traffic laws will be sent to five hours course at this school before they can get their license back
-17 new gardens, 7 new shantikunj
-10 ha dear park and walk through aviary in 5,000 sqft area at Sarthana nature park.
-Replacement of old pipelines in wall city area.
-Upgradation of health centers.
-Ward committee grant up from Rs. 1 crore to Rs. 1.60 crore.
-Laser speed gun to police.
-CCTV network and 300 ft screen with command centre to keep an eye on projects, gardens etc.
-S-connect cards for BRTS buses.
-Tracking of door to door garbage collection and container lifting vehicles.
-Data integration on GIS platform.
-More wi-fi zones on PPP basis.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- AMC Fire and Emergency Services gets drone, robot to assist fire dousing operations
- Savli MLA Ketan Inamdar takes back his resignation after two hour long meeting with State BJP chief
- Japanese Ambassador to India Inaugurates Japan-India Institute for Manufacturing (JIM), at a Pharma company premises in Gujarat
- Coast Guard rescues 13 Indian crew from Gujarat bound ship
- Indian coast guard conducts maritime search and rescue exercise Re-SAREX- 2020 on Gujarat coast
- Case filed in Central Gujarat against Church priest over alleged religious conversion of a minor boy