Dinesh Trivedi set to join BJPJanuary 20, 2015
A top TMC leader and former Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi is all set to join the BJP probably along with some other party leaders which would be a jolt to West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Trivedi, who was forced to resign as Railway Minister in the Manmohan Singh’s Cabinet after his budget contained a fare hike in 2012, did not deny persistent reports that he was tipped to join the BJP.
Reports said that the TMC MP from Barrackpur was in touch with BJP President Amit Shah and may be meeting him soon.
Trivedi praised the leadership of Narendra Modi saying that the world is looking at India because a bright spot of energy has been unleashed obviously under his leadership.
“We must all make ourselves available (to him). Its like a captain of a team,” he said. While declining to criticise Banerjee, he said the TMC could have done much better after 35 years of Left rule.
Asked, Trivedi said “I really don’t like to predict anything. For me the country comes first … At the end of the day why are we in public life … The bigger picture is the country.
Manjul Krishna Thakur, a minister in the Mamata Banerjee government had resigned last week and joined BJP.
© Copyright PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
Dineshbhai is from Kutch, Gujarat. He will be an asset to BJP. If central leadership of BJP wishes to use him effectively, Dineshbhai is suitable personality for cabinet berth or for any important charge where honest, result-oriented, pro-development and rational good gentleman is needed.
- GSFA Organises the 1st Ever Futsal Championship in Gujarat
- PM Modi to address Combined Commanders’ Conference at Kevadia in Gujarat on Saturday
- AAPians changes public garden's name; SMC restores old name
- Reliance to bear full cost of Covid19 vaccination for all its employees, their spouse, parents, children
- No need to go to RTO for these services; Govt issues notification
- Vice President to lay foundation stone for 500-bed Nirali Multi-specialty Hospital in Navsari
- ACB Gujarat nabs Assistant Engineer in Surat in Rs. 15,000 bribe case
- Bengaluru, Pune, Ahmedabad best cities in Ease of Living Index 2020 (Million Plus Category)