Gujarat Police to have TCV Robot unit for bomb disposalJanuary 22, 2015
Gujarat Police is likely to purchase Total Containment Vessel(TCV) to defuse bomb through robotic operation.
According to sources, the new technology will be purchased at a cost of Rs. 7 crore.
This purchase will be made under the police modernization programme.
The new system will be operated by a single person through remote control. A robot will go closer to bomb and supply data on its intensity. A container filled with water in a vehicle will form another part of total system. Once defused, a robot will throw the bomb in this container.
The state government has given permission to purchase this TCV unit. Once it is ordered, the bomb disposal squad jawans will be trained for its effective use.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Thank you my friend, America loves India: Trump replies Modi's greetings
- 04 areas removed, 19 added to Micro Containment Areas list of AMC
- Highest one-day increase of Covid19 cases in Gujarat
- AMC announces criteria for redevelopment of societies
- Stemcell and Kidney hospitals in Surat, once constructed, will be used as Covid hospitals
- PM Modi urges tech community to take up homegrown apps challenge