Gujarat Police to have TCV Robot unit for bomb disposalJanuary 22, 2015
Gujarat Police is likely to purchase Total Containment Vessel(TCV) to defuse bomb through robotic operation.
According to sources, the new technology will be purchased at a cost of Rs. 7 crore.
This purchase will be made under the police modernization programme.
The new system will be operated by a single person through remote control. A robot will go closer to bomb and supply data on its intensity. A container filled with water in a vehicle will form another part of total system. Once defused, a robot will throw the bomb in this container.
The state government has given permission to purchase this TCV unit. Once it is ordered, the bomb disposal squad jawans will be trained for its effective use.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Big push to Atmanirbhar Bharat: Import ban on 101 defence items
- PM launches financing facility of Rs. 1 Lakh Crore under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- 78% happy with Modi govt performance, Shah best minister, Yogi best CM: Mood of The Nation Poll
- AMC declares 17 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- 1074 new cases of Covid-19 detected in 24 hours in Gujarat
- PM to launch financing facility under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17