Gadkari suggests Adani to purchase a seaplaneFebruary 11, 2015
In lighter mood, Nitin Gadkari during his speech at Tuna Tekra in Gujarat said with smile that he would visit this place again only after Adani group purchases a seaplane. Gadkari said, “today I could visit this place only after my plane landed at Kandla airport, but in future I would visit this place only after Adani group purchases a seaplane that can directly land here at Tuna port.”
Gadkari who was on visit to Gujarat to attend BJP president Amit shah’s son’s wedding in Ahmedabad was roped in by Adani group to inaugurate its newly developed Tuna port. Gadkari’s arrival was scheduled at 1.30 pm, but he could reach Tuna port only at 3.30 pm. There was a ‘simhasan’ like chair placed on the stage for Gadkari, but as soon as he arrived, he asked to remove that ‘simhasahn’ and suggested a simple sofa/chair as replacement.
Gadkari was here to inaugurate Kandla Port Trust’s Tuna jetty facility, developed by Adani group. With addition of four new ‘T’ shape jetty of Tuna port, Kandla Port Trust has added additional 11 mmt capacity. New jetty are located at 8 km distance from old port of Tuna. 11 mmt capacity Tuna facility will handle bulk cargo like coal, fertilizer, phosphorus etc. 14-14.50 m draft facility at Tuna port will handle vessels above 1 lakh mt. Tuna has been developed as mechanize port which will facilitate transfer of cargo through speedier conveyer belt. Kandla port has at present 14 jetty to handle dry cargo. New four jetty are developed in partnership with Adani group. Adani will operate the jetty and give 25% revenue to Kandla Port Trust. The task of extending railway connectivity to Tuna port is in progress at present. The issues like piloted charge, storage charge still need resolution however, so far as dealing with new facility is concerned.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- A 900 bed full fledged Covid hospital to come up at GU convention centre in two weeks
- AMC announces 31 new Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad city
- Gujarat adds 6690 Covid cases in a day, 67 deaths
- Drive Through Covid19 RTPCR Test at GMDC ground of Ahmedabad tomorrow: AMC
- 20% beds in designated private Covid hospitals to be filled through 108 ambulance: AMC
- AMC seals laboratory for issuing unauthorized RTPCR reports
- Namo Covid Isolation Centre opened in Surat in presence of CR Patil
- Oxygen requirement up at 600 tonnes against 250 tonnes earlier: Gujarat CM