Dholera Smart City office inaugurated, first two phases to be completed by 2019February 17, 2015
An office of Dholera Special Investment Region(SIR) was opened today at Dholera where Dholera SIR smart City is proposed to be developed.
The first phase of the project involves Rs. 2486 crore works in 22 sq km area that cover the development of road services, administrative building, water treatment plant etc.
The Dholera SIR town office opened today by Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama will monitor the progress of the project.
River bunding, water supply through pipeline from Saurashtra canal, waste treatment, common effluent treatment plant, power transmission, internet and gas pipeline are the works to be taken up in the second phase of development.
All these works are to be completed by December 2018 as per the plan finalized at this stage.
It should be mentioned here that Rs. 2000 crore will be spent for roads. Rs. 100 crore will be spent for Dholera SIR.
Among 100 smart cities planned by government of India, Dholera will be first to see development work on the ground.
Minister Chudasama said that with permission granted to Dholera SIR, the procedure of national and global tender-bid will progress speedily. He added that 13 global level bids are already there.
Gujarat Industrial Development Board(GIDB) CEO Ajay Bhadu and Dholera SIR programme director Rajkumar Jagdish Salgaokar shared the details of the plan on this occasion. District collector Beniwal, district development officer and other officers were present on this occasion.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Gujarat govt approves development of grasslands in 91 Panjrapols
- 8 dead in Shrey hospital fire incident in Ahmedabad
- In pictures: Celebrations in Gujarat over groundbreaking of Ram Janmbhumi Mandir
- AMC declares 24 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- 1073 new cases of Covid-19 in 24 hours in Gujarat, 23 deaths, 1046 recoveries
- 10 hour power to farmers in North and Central Gujarat from August 7
- Detailed concept plan of proposed Ram Janmabhumi Mandir in Ayodhya
- In pictures: PM Narendra Modi's mother Hiraba watching Live telecast of Ayodhya event