Gujarat Budget:Allocation for Dream City, Smart Cities, Metro rail, River FrontFebruary 24, 2015
In his budget speech today, Finance Minister Saurabh Patel announced Rs. 10,269.74 crore allocation for the Urban Development and Urban Housing department. Some of the eye-catching features of this allocations are listed out below:
-Rs. 611 crore for initial phase of Ahmedabad Metro Rail project.
-Rs. 200 crore for the projects of developing the unique identity of cities.
-Rs. 150 crore for the works related to Smart City.
-Rs. 100 crore for the works related to the Ring Road for the cities including Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar and Vadodara.
-Rs. 75 crore for Dream City project at Surat.
-Rs. 50 crore for Vishwamitri river front project related works in Vadodara.
-Rs. 50 crore for basic amenities in the newly formed 6 municipalities.
-Apani Mandi in cities where the farmers will be able to sell their organic products directly in the urban areas.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Afghan students living in Ahmedabad, Gujarat; a feature
- Overhead water tank fall slightly differently than as planned during demolition in Ahmedabad
- Art and Music galore at Dhal Ni Pol Festival
- Procurement of groundnut at MSP begins across 145 centers in Gujarat
- Nityanand Ashram case: Father of the two ladies approaches Gujarat High Court, files habeas corpus petition
- Moderate tremor of 4.3 intensity in Kutch district of Gujarat, no damage reported