Liquor permit goes online in GujaratFebruary 26, 2015
Department of prohibition and excise, Government of Gujarat has launched e-permit service to make available tourist(resident outside India), visitor(resident of India other than Gujarat) and group permits to consume liquor in Gujarat online.
With this facility, visitors who want to consume liquor during their Gujarat visit will have smoother access to permit.
On eps.gpeonline.co.in website, an applicant needs to file an online form. After submitting scanned(or photographed) documentary evidences, an applicant needs to make online payment. Once the applicant has print out of e-permit, he/she can visit any approved liquor shop in the state to purchase liquor. Government appointed person at liquor shop will check documents, identity proof and conduct physical verification and allow purchase of liquor.
It is interesting to note that online payment service will not be effective for foreigners. However they will get online permit.
Terms and Conditions to get online permit are described here.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- AMC announces Drive-through Covid19 vaccination for 45+ at Drive In Cinema in Ahmedabad
- Recovery rate in covid cases further improves to over 78 per cent in Gujarat
- Oxygen generating plants set up by VYO inaugurated in Vadodara
- Shops, offices of those neither vaccinated, nor having covid negative report shut by SMC
- Availability of Covid critical beds increases further in Ahmedabad
- AMC declares more Micro Containment Zones in the city
- Reliance Retail 2nd fastest growing retailer in world
- Dy CM Nitin Patel discharged after 15-day Covid hospitalization