Artificial ponds backed by wind mills and solar pumps for lions in Gir forestMarch 01, 2015
Forest department of Gujarat has ensure water supply at 125 points in Gir sanctuary for summer for lions.
Hadala range, Jasadhar range, Dalkhania range, Paniya range, Savarkundla range etc areas that cover Timbarva, Asodri, Hadala, Bhimchas, Ghodavadi, Jambudi, Jasadhar, Nesda etc pockets are now having 125 places of water artificially built for summer period.
Forest department has installed 31 wind mills and 9 solar pumps for power supply to fill water. When needed tankers are also moved to forest area to fill water.
Of all the ranges, Hadala range has 100% forest area of central Gir. Jasadhar range has 70% forest area. In such belts, the forest department has created more water bodies. Dalkhaniya, Mitiala and Sarasiya ranges have both forest and revenue areas.
The biggest river of Gir forest is Raval followed by Shetrunji, Machhundri and Jamri rivers. At present only Shetrunji has some water left while other rivers are dry.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched