Shift Jaitapur nuclear project to Gujarat, says UddhavMarch 14, 2015
Reiterating his opposition to the proposed Jaitapur nuclear power project, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray today said Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel should take away the project to her state as she had invited industries from Maharashtra.
“The Gujarat Chief Minister has in the past invited industrialists to shift base to her state. Now she should take away the Jaitapur nuclear project too. The electricity generated from the project will be transmitted to the central grid, from where different states will buy that electricity.
Maharashtra, too, will have to buy it. Why should Maharashtra be put into 100 per cent danger for a few percentage increase of electricity?” Thackeray told reporters here.
He also said that if the Mumbai Metro-III project harms the Marathi-speaking people in any way, it will be “uprooted and thrown away.”
© Copyright PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Names and locations of Coronavirus cases in VMC area of Vadodara
- Names and Locations of 49 latest detected Coronavirus cases in AMC areas of Ahmedabad
- 55 new Covid19 cases detected in 12 hours, total 155 active patients in Gujarat
- Seven who gathered for Namaz, booked by Raopura police in Vadodara
- 2nd Covid19 patient in Patan booked for hiding details of fist Covid19 patient and thereby help virus to spread
- When we are in difficulty, nation backs us, when nation is in difficult time, we want to extend our support: Farmers in Amreli