Chaitri Navratri in year 2015 begins this SaturdayMarch 19, 2015
Chaitri Navratri will start this week-end.
Beginning from Saturday, March 21st, Chaitri Navratri will continue for nine days. Cheti Chand and Gudi Padvo are couple of festivals that will mark beginning of Chaitri Navratri. While Gudi Padvo is festival of great importance for Marathi people who celebrate it as beginning of new year, Cheti Chand is important festival of Sindhi community.
Ram Navmi and Sahjanand Jayanti are other two festival during Chaitri Navratri. They are to be celebrated on the ninth and the last day of Chaitri Navratri.
Chaitri Navratri is one of two Navratris during year during which religious Hindus perform Jap, Tap. Its impacts are felt country wide. In Delhi you would find some discotheque cum bar closed during Chaitri Navratri. Prime Minister Narendra Modi observes fast during nine days of Navratri twice in year, once in the month of Chaitra and the other in the month of Aaso(when Gujarat witness Garba festival). All Shakti Piths in Gujarat, particularly Pavagadh in central Gujarat witness amazing rush of devotees during Chaitri Navratri. Extra ordinary rush of people is particularly seen on 8th day of Navratri at all mandirs of Goddesses across Gujarat.
Gudi Padva and Cheti Chand: 21 March
Ram Navmi: 28 March
Mahavir Jayanti: 2 April
Good Friday: 3 April
Hanuman Jayanti: 4 April
Ambedkar Jayanti: 14 April
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Live: Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani addresses Independence Day function from Gandhinagar
- Live: PM Narendra Modi's address to the nation from Red Fort on Independence Day 2020
- Fire brigade rescues 270 persons from water logged areas; 350 shifted
- Gujarat records 1087 new cases of Covid19 in 24 hours
- AMC declares 12 new Micro containment areas, removes existing 14
- 7 IAS transferred, Vadodara gets new Municipal Commissioner, GSDMA, SPIPA get new heads
- Inspector MC Sharma who martyred in 2008 Batla House encounter awarded gallantry medal
- Heavy rains lash Surat district, other places in Gujarat, taluka wise data of rainfall here