Gujarati film maker Govindbhai Patel passes awayApril 15, 2015
Noted Gujarati filmmaker, Vadodara based Govindbhai Patel is no more. He was 72. He was suffering from cancer. He is survived by his wife and four children.
Govindbhai earned fame with success of his film Desh re joya dada pardesh joya. When Gujarati film industry was going through very bad phase, this was the only hit film which inspired others to make similar social backdrop films.
Patel produced popular Gujarati films like “Desh Rey Joya Dada Pardes”, “Dhola Maru”, “Jode Rahejo Raj”, “Sahebo Savalakhno”, “Sejal Sarju”, “Hiran Ne Kanthe” and “Patan Thi Pakistan” among others.
Gujarat chief minister Anandiben Patel in an official condolence message said, “The Gujarati film industry has suffered a major loss and Patel will always be remembered for his films.”
City Mayor Bharat Shah, MP Ranjanaben Bhatt, Congress leader Harish Malani, actor and former BJP MLA Naresh Kanodiya and director Trambak Joshi attended the funeral that took place here late Wednesday evening.
- Reliance Jewels celebrates 12th Anniversary with ‘Aabhar’ collection
- In a surprising 'U' turn, Bhajan singer Hemant Chauhan a day after wearing saffron, claims he had not joined BJP
- Rupani, Nitin, Jadeja to travel to Goa tomorrow to participate in a meeting chaired by HM Amit Shah
- Gujarat cabinet decides to allot 31 hectare land in Waghodia for Rail University at 50% of market price
- Entire claim process under Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme soon to be online: Govt
- Narmada dam water level at historic 133.19 meter mark at 3 pm on August 21