Gujarati film maker Govindbhai Patel passes awayApril 15, 2015
Noted Gujarati filmmaker, Vadodara based Govindbhai Patel is no more. He was 72. He was suffering from cancer. He is survived by his wife and four children.
Govindbhai earned fame with success of his film Desh re joya dada pardesh joya. When Gujarati film industry was going through very bad phase, this was the only hit film which inspired others to make similar social backdrop films.
Patel produced popular Gujarati films like “Desh Rey Joya Dada Pardes”, “Dhola Maru”, “Jode Rahejo Raj”, “Sahebo Savalakhno”, “Sejal Sarju”, “Hiran Ne Kanthe” and “Patan Thi Pakistan” among others.
Gujarat chief minister Anandiben Patel in an official condolence message said, “The Gujarati film industry has suffered a major loss and Patel will always be remembered for his films.”
City Mayor Bharat Shah, MP Ranjanaben Bhatt, Congress leader Harish Malani, actor and former BJP MLA Naresh Kanodiya and director Trambak Joshi attended the funeral that took place here late Wednesday evening.
- Torrent group hails apex court judgement regarding dismissal of Adani Gas plea
- SBI signs MoU with Gujarat govt for for working capital availability to MSME entrepreneurs
- Narmada Jungle Safari Park opens for visitors
- GP Petroleums to set up Rs.100 crore green field lubes plant in Gujarat
- US based venture studio DX Partners to launch its portfolio companies in Gujarat
- Hoardings of President Trump, PM Modi and First lady Melania Trump put up across the city