Gujarati film maker Govindbhai Patel passes awayApril 15, 2015
Noted Gujarati filmmaker, Vadodara based Govindbhai Patel is no more. He was 72. He was suffering from cancer. He is survived by his wife and four children.
Govindbhai earned fame with success of his film Desh re joya dada pardesh joya. When Gujarati film industry was going through very bad phase, this was the only hit film which inspired others to make similar social backdrop films.
Patel produced popular Gujarati films like “Desh Rey Joya Dada Pardes”, “Dhola Maru”, “Jode Rahejo Raj”, “Sahebo Savalakhno”, “Sejal Sarju”, “Hiran Ne Kanthe” and “Patan Thi Pakistan” among others.
Gujarat chief minister Anandiben Patel in an official condolence message said, “The Gujarati film industry has suffered a major loss and Patel will always be remembered for his films.”
City Mayor Bharat Shah, MP Ranjanaben Bhatt, Congress leader Harish Malani, actor and former BJP MLA Naresh Kanodiya and director Trambak Joshi attended the funeral that took place here late Wednesday evening.
- Gujarat CM inaugurates mega mid-day meals kitchenbuilt by Reliance Foundation in Jamnagar
- Night curfew in four major cities of Gujarat extended further
- Ram Janmabhumi Mandir fund collection in Gujarat: Rs. 18.61 crore from Morari Bapu, 11 crore from Govindbhai Dholakia, 5 crore from Kabutarwala
- ટોચના પાંચમાં કોનું ઉતરાણનું કમ્યુનિકેશન કેવું રહ્યું?
- Jamnagar to have a State level Sports Museum named after Jam Ranjitsinh: Rupani
- માધવસિંહના યુરોપ પ્રવાસની પૂર્વભૂમિકા
- Flyovers on Sarkhej - Gandhinagar road, new Narmada river bridge to complete by August: Nitin Patel
- AK Sharma joins BJP after resigning from Indian Administrative Service