Gujarati film maker Govindbhai Patel passes awayApril 15, 2015
Noted Gujarati filmmaker, Vadodara based Govindbhai Patel is no more. He was 72. He was suffering from cancer. He is survived by his wife and four children.
Govindbhai earned fame with success of his film Desh re joya dada pardesh joya. When Gujarati film industry was going through very bad phase, this was the only hit film which inspired others to make similar social backdrop films.
Patel produced popular Gujarati films like “Desh Rey Joya Dada Pardes”, “Dhola Maru”, “Jode Rahejo Raj”, “Sahebo Savalakhno”, “Sejal Sarju”, “Hiran Ne Kanthe” and “Patan Thi Pakistan” among others.
Gujarat chief minister Anandiben Patel in an official condolence message said, “The Gujarati film industry has suffered a major loss and Patel will always be remembered for his films.”
City Mayor Bharat Shah, MP Ranjanaben Bhatt, Congress leader Harish Malani, actor and former BJP MLA Naresh Kanodiya and director Trambak Joshi attended the funeral that took place here late Wednesday evening.
- One of earliest Covid19 patients in Amdavad, writes this message on social media from hospital bed
- Total Covid19 cases in Gujarat 105, of them 14 discharged, 10 dead
- Cluster Quarantine in some area of Amdavad to prevent spread of infection
- One arrested for spreading rumor on social media in Vadodara
- One booked in Palanpur over social media post regarding Tablighi Markaz
- Yet to trace all persons in Gujarat who attended Tablighi Markaz in Nizamuddin