Dukhtaran-e-Milat chief hits out at actor Salman KhanMay 19, 2015
Asiya Andrabi, chief of women’s separatist group ‘Dukhtaran-e-Milat’ (Daughters of Faith), Tuesday came down heavily on Bollywood superstar Salman Khan for advocating re-opening of cinema theatres in the Kashmir Valley.
“Salman Khan is acting like an Indian agent to help cultural aggression of Kashmir by India,” Asiya told reporters here.
The anti-Indian outfit leader said India was planning to export whatever is “immoral” and “un-Islamic” into Kashmir through the medium of cinema and for this, agents like Salman Khan were being used. She asserted that re-opening of cinema theatres would be opposed at all costs by her group.
“We will not allow cinema halls to function in Kashmir. Whatever be the cost…,” she said.
Salman Khan had on Sunday advocated the re-opening of cinema theatres in the Valley asserting that everyone here watches movies on television and even through pirated CDs and this could be checked if the Valley got its cinema theatres back.
Radical groups like the Dukhtaran-e-Milat campaigned against cinema halls, beauty parlours, wine shops and video parlours in the Valley in the early 1990s and forced their closure.
No cinema hall has been able to restart operations in Kashmir since then.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched