Unai hot water spring totally dries up!May 23, 2015
Hot water spring at Unai in south Gujarat dried up couple of days back. Generally, the water level in the season of spring goes down significantly, but total absence of water has been noticed for the first time according to locals.
Unai attracts great number of visitors everyday due to Unai Mata Mandir and hot water spring attached to it. While local administration is in process to rope in geoloists and experts to probe the issue, locals believe that with onset of monsoon period, hot water spring will again have water.
According to local belief, Unai is the place where Sitaji wanted to take bath but there was no water. Shri Ram hit the land with arrow and there was a flow of water, that too hot. After taking bath Sitaji said, ‘Hu Naahi’ (I took bath). The place was then called Unai. The entire region of Unai and adjoining Dang(Dandakaranya) has number of places associated with Ramayana including a place called Subir(Shabari) associated with Shabari and also another place where Hanumanji took birth, as per local belief.
- Violence in Viramgam during local polls phase 2
- Covid-19 vaccination for dialysis and transplant patients begins at IKDRC
- Polling for Gujarat local elections phase-2 covering over 2.5 crore voters on Sunday
- AMC announces five more Micro Containment Zones
- ACB Gujarat nabs a cop in Rs. 5,000 bribe case
- A woman full of life dies of suicide after making a video; husband booked
- TV reports on hike in fertilizer prices false, misleading, Congress sponsored: Faldu
- Gujarat High Court to have its channel on Telegram app