Smart City project & key schemes set for launch next monthMay 29, 2015
Union Urban Development Ministry’s flagship programmes – Smart City project, Atal Mission for Urban Renewal and Transformation (AMRUT) and Housing For All – are planned for launch next month.
Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu said here today that consultations with stakeholders, including state governments and Urban Local Bodies, with regard to the three ambitious programmes, have been completed.
The ministry would like to launch the programmes on a “convenient day” in June, he said.
‘Smart City’ is Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious project aimed at recasting the urban landscape of the country by making cities more livable and inclusive, besides driving the economic growth.
Each selected city under the scheme would get central assistance of Rs 100 crore per year for five years.
‘Smart City’ aspirants will be selected through a ‘City Challenge Competition’ intended to link financing with the ability of the cities to perform to achieve the mission’s objectives.
- Live: AMC General Board meeting, Gujarat HC Proceeding, Rupani at Limbdi by-poll campaign
- Congress cadre nabbed for involvement, a day after sleeper hurled at Deputy CM in Karjan
- The Secretaries of State and Defence of USA call on Prime Minister Modi
- Tips to Travel Safe During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Varmora Group to set up two new manufacturing plants; virtual stone laying performed
- Ahmedabad Court exempts Rahul Gandhi from court appearance
- Top Gujarati movie actor Naresh Kanodia passes away
- AMC declares 9 more Micro Containment Zones