Students going abroad can carry extra 23 kgs: British AirwaysJune 09, 2015
In a good news for Indian students going abroad for higher studies, UK-based British Airways has put a limited period offer for them to carry an extra check-in baggage of up to 23 kgs for destinations across the US, Canada, the UK and Europe.
The offer can be availed up to March 31 next year, it said, adding, outbound travel must be completed on or before March 31, 2016 for the British Airways flights originating in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad or Chennai.
Besides, the airline has also tied-up with other service providers for facilities like free talk-time, education loans and travel cards, a release said today.
Currently, the airline allows only one piece of check-in baggage weighing up to 23 kgs.
“British Airways is proud to support students from India with our convenient schedules and easy connections throughout the UK. We understand students’ requirements and expectations while travelling aboard for their school term, said British Airways’ Regional Commercial Manager for South Asia, Moran Birger.
In addition, British Airways codeshare with American Airlines gives young flyers the ability to choose an extensive worldwide network, he said.
Terminal 5 at the Heathrow Airport, from where British Airways undertakes its operations, ensures seamless travel for the students to make flight connections via London, the airline said.
- Likelihood of light non-seasonal rain in parts of Saurashtra and Central Gujarat on January 27, 28: IMD Director
- Congress leader and ex-Bhanagar APMC chairman Jajadiya joins NCP
- 11 Bangladesh nationals living illegally in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat nabbed
- Rupani opens Flower Show, Weapon Show in Rajkot
- Japanese delegation led by Kobe Mayor hold meeting with Ahmedabad Mayor
- Diamond trader to leave worldly life, become monk with wife and two daughters in Surat