Western Railway plans to run 100 trains during 2016 Simhastha Kumbh MelaJune 12, 2015
Western Railway (WR) has charted out a plan to run 100 special trains to meet the demand of pilgrims attending the 2016 Simhastha Kumbh Mela in adjoining Ujjain district.
“Apart from regular trains, WR will run 100 special trains during the 2016 Simhastha Kumbh Mela. During the 2004 Simhastha Kumbh Mela, the WR had run 80 special trains,” an official of WR public relations department said.
He said that due to the Simhastha Kumbh Mela, the WR is in the process of developing infrastructure including overbridge for devotees at Ujjain station worth Rs 27 crore.
A month-long mela will commence on April 22 next year and is expected to witness an influx of 5 crore devotees.
- Cold wave and normal to severe cold day conditions prevailed in parts of Gujarat, Naliya records 3.4°C- the second lowest of this winter
- CID crime arrests 26 in connection with Kutch district central cooperative bank scam
- Gujarat govt. contemplating to provide free travel facility to around 8 lakh construction workers
- Railway minister could not participate in Tejas Exp flag off due to delay in another event in central Gujarat: Railway spokesperson
- Paytm targets half a million merchants in Gujarat to use its 'All-in-One QR'
- Ahmedabad - Mumbai Tejas Express train flagged off