Surat: life imprisonment to Ishak Masalawala in year 2000 communal violence caseJune 19, 2015
Surat Court has given life imprisonment to Ishak Masalawala for attacking a 17-year-old Mahesh Kakadia with sharp weapon in year 2000 during Bharat Bandh.
Due to attack on Amarnath Yatra in Jammu & Kashmir in year 2000, Bharat Bandh call was given by right wing organizations, during which Dhastipura based 17-year old Kiran Maheshbhai Kakadia was on way to school to check whether it’s functional or not. When he passed through Muslim dominated area of Sodagarwad, a mob attacked him with sharp weapons. Police had arrested Ishak Masalawala from spot of incident.
On Thursday, the court gave him life imprisonment and Rs 5,000 fine. Police had also arrested Arif Behra and Irfan Masalawala in same case, however court ordered their release giving them benefit of doubt.
- PM Modi to visit Zydus Cadila Pharma's vaccine development facility in Gujarat on Saturday: Nitin Patel
- Five dead as fire breaks out in covid hospital in Rajkot
- Bullet train project: NHSRCL signs country’s biggest infrastructure contract
- AMC announces 32 more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Anuradha Paudwal conferred with Tana Riri Award by Gujarat govt
- Highest 1560 new cases of coronavirus reported in a day in Gujarat: State health department
- Those tested positive for Covid in private labs should get AMC and AMC linked beds: Nitin Patel
- Ahmedabad SOG Police nab a Pakistani woman