BJP MP Dileep Singh Bhuria passes awayJune 24, 2015
Jhabua (Madhya Pradesh)
Senior BJP leader and Lok Sabha MP from Ratlam-Jhabua seat in Madhya Pradesh, Dileep Singh Bhuria passed away today at a hospital in Gurgaon after a brief illness.
The 71-year-old tribal leader suffered from brain hemorrhage and heart attack following which he died at around 11 AM, his family said.
Bhuria is survived by wife, two sons and four daughters.
Born on June 19, 1944, Bhuria was first elected as MLA from Petlawad seat in 1972.
He was first elected as MP from Jhabua seat in 1980 on Congress ticket. He won from the seat five times from 1980 to 1996.
However, following differences with Congress General Secretary and former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Digvijay Singh over the issue of tribal CM, he left the party and later joined BJP.
In 1998, he lost the seat to Congress leader Kantilal Bhuria, but won it again in 2014.
He also served as National SC/ST Commission Chairman during Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s government.
Bhuria’s last rites will be conducted at his ancestral village Macchlia in Jhabua district tomorrow.
(In video, his recent speech in parliament)
- Cold wave and normal to severe cold day conditions prevailed in parts of Gujarat, Naliya records 3.4°C- the second lowest of this winter
- CID crime arrests 26 in connection with Kutch district central cooperative bank scam
- Gujarat govt. contemplating to provide free travel facility to around 8 lakh construction workers
- Railway minister could not participate in Tejas Exp flag off due to delay in another event in central Gujarat: Railway spokesperson
- Paytm targets half a million merchants in Gujarat to use its 'All-in-One QR'
- Ahmedabad - Mumbai Tejas Express train flagged off