Steffi Graf is Kerala”s Ayurveda brand ambassadorJune 24, 2015
Tennis legend Steffi Graf was today appointed the Ayurveda brand ambassador of God’s Own Country Kerala.
A decision in this regard was taken by the cabinet today, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said.
The Kerala tourism department was given sanction to sign an agreement with Graf to become Ayurveda brand ambassador as part of the department’s ‘Visit Kerala Scheme’, Chandy said.
The tourism department had already held discussions and reached an agreement with the German former World number one tennis player, who had bagged 22 Grand slam single titles.
The 46-year-old Graf, who retired in 1999, married former World No. 1 men’s tennis player Andre Agassi in October 2001.
Kerala’s Ayurveda, an ancient system of health care which is famous for its holistic effect on body and mind, attracts large number of people from the country and abroad every year.
- Main State level Republic Day event in Rajkot, Governor to hoist tricolour in presence of CM
- Class-room smooch video of students of central Gujarat school goes viral
- Likelihood of light non-seasonal rain in parts of Saurashtra and Central Gujarat on January 27, 28: IMD Director
- Congress leader and ex-Bhanagar APMC chairman Jajadiya joins NCP
- 11 Bangladesh nationals living illegally in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat nabbed
- Rupani opens Flower Show, Weapon Show in Rajkot