Importance of Bhadar dam overflowJune 25, 2015
Due to heavy rain in upstream areas, Bhadar-1 dam which provides drinking water to Rajkot city is overflowing. At 4.00 pm yesterday, all 29 gates of Bhadar dam were opened in 13 ft measurement. Water discharge of 186 lakh cusec/second was resulted.
Bhadar dam is 34 ft high. It has 2434 sq km area. As per rule 32 ft water will be stored. Bhadar-1 dam will store 5707 MCFT water. Rajkot city, RUDA villages and Jetpur will get drinking water supply for one year. 17,000 ha land of 42 villages of Jetpur, Dhoraji and Upleta alukas will get irrigation water supply for Rabi crops.
Bhadar dam didn’t over flow last year. This year dam site has witnessed 443 mm rainfall. Hundreds of people rushed to the dam site to witness overflow of Bhadar dam.
- 3 nabbed by crime branch in connection with recovery of mobile phones from prisoners of Vadodara central jail
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- 100 to leave worldly life, become Jain monks in Surat on February 1
- A cheater duping poor patients in public hospital in Vadodara nabbed
- Ahmedabad: Traffic police constable, three towing van team members held for taking bribe
- 8 year old girl injured by leopard in Gujarat