PM for connectivity between new road projects and airportsJuly 02, 2015
Holding that road infrastructure is key to a nation’s development, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today directed officials to ensure good connectivity between the new road projects and nearby airports.
He also said that priority should be given to high-quality port connectivity projects and pitched for aggressive tree plantation along all highway projects.
Reviewing the progress of highway construction in the northeast, Modi said, “Road infrastructure is key to the development of a nation.”
He asked officials to ensure good connectivity between the new road projects and nearby airports, a PMO statement said.
Reviewing the progress of highway construction in northeast, Modi said the agreement for seamless movement of road traffic between India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Nepal would not only have a profound impact on the economy of the region but would also bring benefits from the environmental perspective, by reducing travel times.
He urged officials concerned to explore all possibilities of innovation in the materials and technology aspects of road construction.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and Road and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari were also present on the occasion.
- Padma Awards 2020 announced: Balkrishna Doshi, Shahbuddin Rathod, HM Desai, Yazdi Karanjia, Bilakhia, Prof Jagdish Sheth among awardees
- Main State level Republic Day event in Rajkot, Governor to hoist tricolour in presence of CM
- Class-room smooch video of students of central Gujarat school goes viral
- Likelihood of light non-seasonal rain in parts of Saurashtra and Central Gujarat on January 27, 28: IMD Director
- Congress leader and ex-Bhanagar APMC chairman Jajadiya joins NCP
- 11 Bangladesh nationals living illegally in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat nabbed