Gujarat govt announces Garib Kalyan Mela scheduleJuly 08, 2015
Gujarat government will hold Garib Kalyan Melas in two stages across the state during 7-8-9 August and 20-21-22 August.
This decision was taken in a meeting chaired by Chief Secretary GR Aloria in Gandhinagar today.
Garib Kalyan Mela conceptualized by then Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is programme under which poor beneficiaries of government schemes are handed over benefits directly by government.
Garib Kalyan Melas are organized at taluka, district and municipal corporation levels.
Ahead of upcoming local body polls, Garib Kalyan Melas will serve as platform for Chief Minister to meet the people across the state.
A meeting chaired by Chief Secretary also took decision to hold Women Empowerment Fortnight during 1-14 August across the state. Each of 15 days will be dedicated to particular theme regarding women empowerment.
Both programmes will be led by state Chief Minister.
- Annual cost of Gujarat government's plane and helicopter over Rs. 7 crore
- IITGN gets state-of-the-art Transmission Electron Microscopy facility
- E-challans are now issued for traffic rules violations in 41 cities/towns in Gujarat: Govt
- Indian Oil to invest over Rs 588 crore on capacity expansion of its LPG terminal in the port city of Kandla in Gujarat
- Over 17,000 selected by 1,269 companies in 30 mega placement camps: Gujarat govt
- MoU signed for setting up 4 desalination plants in coastal Saurashtra, Kutch