“If Rath Yatra and Eid happen to be on same day, we will celebrate both”July 08, 2015
“For the first time in my life, I missed my evening Namaz just to take part in Shanti Samiti(peace committee) meeting regarding upcoming Rath Yatra. If Rath Yatra and Ramzan Eid happen to be on same day, we will celebrate both festivals. We are giving more attention to Rath Yatra compared to Eid,” said Aziz Gandhi, member of Ahmedabad Ekta Samiti.
Leading member of Muslim community Rafiq Nagariwala said that even if there’s Eid on Rath Yatra day we are going to celebrate both the occasions. We are planning to welcome Mahant Dilipdasji Maharaj of Jagannath Mandir in our area by offering him tricolor turban.
Rath Yatra the biggest street festival in city of Ahmedabad is celebrated for last 138 years on Ashadhi Bij(second day of Gujarati calendar month of Ashadh). There’s possibility that Eid and Rath Yatra could be on same day this year.
Leading Muslms including MLA Gyasuddin Sheikh, Iqbal Sheikh, Hasan Lala among others are going to welcome Mahant Dilipdasji Maharaj by flying white doves that are considered symbol of peace. Muslims will received prashad and saffron scarf from Mahant.
- EAM Jaishnkar lays foundation of Sardar Patel Center for Empowerment and Livelihoods near Statue of Unity site in Gujarat
- If need arise, India will send aircraft to bring Indians back from Corona virus hit areas in China: EAM Jaishankar in Gujarat
- ACB nabs 3 including Sarpanch and woman Talati in Central Gujarat red handed taking bribe
- Bharatiya Chitra Sadhna to organize Chitra Bharti Film Festival in Ahmedabad during 21-22-23 February
- 3rd largest global pizza chain Little Caesars enters India through Gujarat with its first vegetarian store
- Reliance Jewels adds to New Year festivities with Bella collection and Special Offers