Centre accepts Gujarat govt proposal for electrification of railway linesAugust 04, 2015
Gujarat government had proposed railway ministry to include electrification of total five railway lines in year 2015-16 railway budget. In response to this, railway ministry has through a letter informed the state government that electrification of all five lines proposed has been approved.
Minister of state for railway, Manoj Sinha has in a letter to Gujarat Chief Minister conveyed that ministry has accepted Gujarat govt proposal to include Ahmedabad-Rajkot section and Mahesnaa-Viramgam-Samkhiyali section railway line electrification in next railway budget.
Sinha in his letter further said that as Surendranagar Pipavav port, Palanpur Bhildi Samkhiyali Gandhidham and Gandhidham Kandla Port Mundra railway line electrification task is with special purpose vehicle(SPV) companies, electrification of these lines will be done by SPV.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card