Patidar outfits hold another pro-reservation rally, this time in SuratAugust 17, 2015
As expected, Surat rally of Patidar(Patel) community demanding inclusion in Other Backward Class(OBC) category for reservation in college and jobs was big. Today’s rally was about 5 km long. There were two eye-catching incidents during the rally. BJP MLA Kumar Kanani’s poster glued on pillar of flyover was torn by some of the participants of rally. His face in the poster was painted with black color. In another incident, Padma award winner top Patidar leader Mathurbhai Savani’s effigy was burnt by some participants of rally in Amreli. Savani is of opinion that the demand of reservation is unfair and suppose if it is accepted by the government, it will be rejected in court scrutiny. Savani is also of opinion that when the state government has formed a committee for hearing on this issue, the community should talk rather than agitate to find some way out. Savani is also of opinion that all communities that are out of reservation system should get some alternative arrangement for education and employment support. Memorandums seeking reservation were submitted to BJP MLAs and MP CR Patil. A group of community also submitted memorandum to district collector. The rally was participated by women in large number. In other development, smaller rallies of Patidar,Soni,Brahmin,Kshatriya,Rajput,Lohana etc communities were held in other towns across Gujarat. One gentleman Gordhan Patel suffered chest pain and died on the spot while addressing the Patidar anamat rally from stage in central Gujarat town Petlad. Govardhanbhai is former vice chairman of Amul. Rajkot Marketing yard today witnessed flash strike in favor of reservation for Patidar and other communities that are out of the reservation system. Gujarat government is going to hold hearing for community outfits including Sardar Patel Group and Saurashtra Kutch Brahmin Samaj today in Gandhinagar. Such hearings will be hold for other communities too in second phase by a 7-minister committee led by minister Nitin Patel.
- Reliance Jewels celebrates 12th Anniversary with ‘Aabhar’ collection
- In a surprising 'U' turn, Bhajan singer Hemant Chauhan a day after wearing saffron, claims he had not joined BJP
- Rupani, Nitin, Jadeja to travel to Goa tomorrow to participate in a meeting chaired by HM Amit Shah
- Gujarat cabinet decides to allot 31 hectare land in Waghodia for Rail University at 50% of market price
- Entire claim process under Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme soon to be online: Govt
- Narmada dam water level at historic 133.19 meter mark at 3 pm on August 21