Surat likely to get evening flight of Air India from October 1August 21, 2015
The city of Surat is likely to get a new evening flight for Delhi from October 1. This will be a Airbus plane with 168 seat capacity. The plane will leave Delhi at 5.30 pm and reach Surat at 7.30 pm. It will leave Surat at 8.00 pm and reach Delhi at 10.00 pm. This will be additional flight. The existing flight operated by a 72-seat aircraft in morning time will continue to be operated. As this plane is small, it takes more time to travel to Delhi and ticket fare is also high. Existing small plane could be replaced with bigger size plane in future.
In another development, Members of parliaments representing Surat in Lok Sabha have held discussion with Air Asia about starting of new flights connecting Surat to other cities. A team of Air Asia visited the city on July 17 and held a meeting with local chamber of commerce. Local MPs promised 70% advance booking if flight is started. Air Asia is considering flights to Surat in winter schedule possibly to connect Bangalore, Jaipur and Delhi to Surat.
- In a way, I was a king of this area: Alpesh Thakor
- Dog puppies rescued from under the burning car in Surendranagar: video goes viral
- Delegation meets MoS Shipping in Delhi to seek Dahej - Ghogha Ro Ro ferry service back on the track
- Gujarat RTO HSRP fitment for old vehicles; online payment option made available, flow chart of the process
- Rupani on one-day campaign tour to Mumbai, here is schedule of his programmes
- 21-day long Diwali vacation 2019 in Gujarat schools to start on 24 October