Army releases comics on inspirational stories of war heroesAugust 29, 2015
Indian Army Releases Amar Chitra Katha & Aan Comics on Inspirational Stories of War Heroes
Lt Gen Rakesh Sharma, Adjutant General of Indian Army released a new series of Amar Chitra Katha and Aan Comics today.
Amar Chitra Katha, India’s favorite storyteller, is presenting a book on inspirational stories of 21 Param Vir Chakra Awardees, as a tribute to the recipients of the highest gallantry award in India. The new 248 page comic narrates inspirational stories of 21 of India’s brave sons who have been awarded India’s highest gallantry award. The all-colour, beautifully illustrated comic tells the story of each hero’s life from childhood to the battle in which they proved themselves victors over incredible odds.
Four Aan Comics were also released today based on the heroics of four war heroes who fought in 1965 Indo Pak war and were awarded Maha Vir Chakra. They were Maj Asaram Tyagi, Maj Bhaskar Roy, Sub Ajit Singh and Sub Tika Bahadur Thapa.
From the numerous wars on India’s borders, to intervention in military crisis abroad, the soldiers of the Indian Armed Forces have displayed their bravery in the harshest and most alien of conditions. They have battled fearlessly with only one objective in their minds – to fight for their objective and not back down. The PVC is India’s highest military honour; awarded to those soldiers who display the greatest degree of valour and self-sacrifice on the battlefield. The MVC is the second highest gallantry award in India, given to those soldiers who display a very high level of valour & self sacrifice in the face of the enemy. The sensitively portrayed stories in the comics take the readers into the heart of the battles they fought and gives an insight into the lives and minds of some of the most courageous men our country has ever known.
- EAM Jaishnkar lays foundation of Sardar Patel Center for Empowerment and Livelihoods near Statue of Unity site in Gujarat
- If need arise, India will send aircraft to bring Indians back from Corona virus hit areas in China: EAM Jaishankar in Gujarat
- ACB nabs 3 including Sarpanch and woman Talati in Central Gujarat red handed taking bribe
- Bharatiya Chitra Sadhna to organize Chitra Bharti Film Festival in Ahmedabad during 21-22-23 February
- 3rd largest global pizza chain Little Caesars enters India through Gujarat with its first vegetarian store
- Reliance Jewels adds to New Year festivities with Bella collection and Special Offers