Rs 240 crore medical college inaugurated in Himmatnagar, GujaratSeptember 10, 2015
Gujarat Chief Minister today dedicated Rs 240 crore medical college at district headquarters Himmatnagar in Sabarkantha district of north Gujarat today. The medical college will be run by Gujarat Medical Education and Research Society(GMERS). Buildings of hostel and staff quarters were also inaugurated on this occasion.
150-seat capacity medical college has 127 students in its first year batch at present.
During the function, Chief Minister performed ground breaking for various development works including for a major bridge on river Sabarmati at Ambai Gadha. She also distributed government assistance under various schemes.
Speaking on this occasion, state Health Minister Shri Nitin Patel said that earlier, the students from Gujarat had to go to other states in order to get medical education. It was then Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi who set up GMER and laid foundation for number of medical colleges in Gujarat.
Health Secretary(ACS) Shri Anil Mukim said that Gujarat had 13 medical college in past, but now the number is up at 21. Earlier there were 1905 seats available that are now 3230.
- First glimpses of how Lothal National Maritime Museum would look like
- India strongly deplores personal attacks on French President Macron
- 'India will attack if we don't release Abhinandan by 9 pm' said foreign minister Qureshi: Pakistan MP recounts in Parliament
- Prime Minister Modi to participate in Ekta Diwas Celebrations at Statue of Unity in Gujarat
- Yashpal Jadeja, a key member of Jayesh Patel gang surrenders
- Gujarat govt announces Rs. 356 crore cut in power bills
- Tent City-Kutch to open from November 12
- Gujarat based filmmaker's Gujarati film Mrugtrushna bags an international award