Rs 240 crore medical college inaugurated in Himmatnagar, GujaratSeptember 10, 2015
Gujarat Chief Minister today dedicated Rs 240 crore medical college at district headquarters Himmatnagar in Sabarkantha district of north Gujarat today. The medical college will be run by Gujarat Medical Education and Research Society(GMERS). Buildings of hostel and staff quarters were also inaugurated on this occasion.
150-seat capacity medical college has 127 students in its first year batch at present.
During the function, Chief Minister performed ground breaking for various development works including for a major bridge on river Sabarmati at Ambai Gadha. She also distributed government assistance under various schemes.
Speaking on this occasion, state Health Minister Shri Nitin Patel said that earlier, the students from Gujarat had to go to other states in order to get medical education. It was then Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi who set up GMER and laid foundation for number of medical colleges in Gujarat.
Health Secretary(ACS) Shri Anil Mukim said that Gujarat had 13 medical college in past, but now the number is up at 21. Earlier there were 1905 seats available that are now 3230.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched