Three Afghan nationals deported from Doha reach AhmedabadSeptember 13, 2015
Three Afghan nationals, including a woman, were deported from Doha Airport in Qatar for allegedly trying to fly to Israel on fake passports and visas.
After their arrival at the Ahmedabad International Airport, immigration officials handed them over to the Sardarnagar police which identified them as Hamidullah Yadgar, 20, his elder brother Jubiullah Yadgar, 22, and Jubiullah’s wife Meena, 22.
According to Sardarnagar police inspector V R Patel, all the three are citizens of Afghanistan and came to India on September 1 intending to go to Israel and settle there.
They came here on tourist visas and Afghan passports but planned to get Israeli passports to present themselves as Israeli nationals, the police official said.
“After arriving in Delhi, they paid 60,000 US dollars to an agent to arrange Israeli passports for them. Based on these fake passports, the agent, identified as Haji, also made fake visas and asked them to board a Doha bound flight from Ahmedabad on September 10,” the police official said.
During interrogation, they told the police that the agent told them to meet him at Doha Airport from where they were supposed to board a flight bound for Israel.
“However, immigration authorities at Doha Airport caught them with fake passports and visas after which they were sent back to Ahmedabad. They were handed over to us by our immigration department today. We have arrested them for forging documents and violating provisions of The Foreigners Act,” the police official said.
According to the police official, all the accused are well educated and wanted a better life for themselves.
“Due to the unrest in Afghanistan, these youths decided to leave their country and settle in Israel for a better future, which forced them to adopt illegal means.
Otherwise, their past track record was found to be clean,” the police official said.
- Cold wave and normal to severe cold day conditions prevailed in parts of Gujarat, Naliya records 3.4°C- the second lowest of this winter
- CID crime arrests 26 in connection with Kutch district central cooperative bank scam
- Gujarat govt. contemplating to provide free travel facility to around 8 lakh construction workers
- Railway minister could not participate in Tejas Exp flag off due to delay in another event in central Gujarat: Railway spokesperson
- Paytm targets half a million merchants in Gujarat to use its 'All-in-One QR'
- Ahmedabad - Mumbai Tejas Express train flagged off