Gujarat’s Pichwais exhibited at Art Institute in ChicagoSeptember 15, 2015
Surat’s mid-17th century Zardozi Pichwai of Vitthaleshji is one of the Pichwais that are being exhibited at the iconic Fullerton Hall of Art Institute in Chicago, where Swami Vivekananda delivered his famous ‘brothers and sisters of America’ speech on September 11, 1893.
The exhibition, titled as ‘Gates of the Lord: The Tradition of Krishna Paintings’ showcasing the traditional Indian art form of Pichwais is open for public till 3rd century. Reliance Foundation which is into promoting art, culture, and heritage as its core activity is lead sponsor of this exhibition.
On inaugural day Madhuvanti Ghose (Alsdorf Associate Curator of Indian, Southeast Asian, Himalayan, and Islamic Art), Ms. Isha Ambani, Mrs. Nita M Ambani (Founder & Chairperson, Reliance Foundation) & Douglas Druick (President and Eloise W. Martin Director, Art Institute, Chicago) visited the exhibition.
- 69 Covid19 cases in Gujarat, death toll at 6
- PM at the helm of India’s Fight against COVID-19
- Crime Branch and RAF to be deployed in areas difficult for lockdown
- 63 Covid19 cases in Gujarat, highest in Amdavad; death toll up at 5
- First Covid19 patient discharged from hospital in Gujarat
- Fight against Covid19: Gujarat CM makes three new announcements