Gujarat announces Tourism policy, gives Industry status to Tourism unitsSeptember 27, 2015
Minister of Tourism, Government of Gujarat, Saurabh Patel today announced a new Tourism policy for 2015-2020 in Ahmedabad.
He announced Gujarat govt decision to grant industry status to Tourism units. The minister also announced relief in stamp duty, luxury tax, electricity rate and duty. He also announced capital subsidy for tourism sector. He said the announcements are for new units and those existing units that are going for atleast 50% expansion.
Gujarat presently is on 8th position in terms of domestic tourist footfalls and on 16th position in terms of foreign tourists. The state aims to enter in top 5.
Incentives under new policy will be given to a new tourism unit which means a tourism unit which is set up and which commences commercial operations during the operative period of this policy and existing tourism unit undergoing expansion of more than 50% of its existing capacities(e.t. rooms/rides/tents). Only one expansion project(commencing commercial operations within the policy period) of an existing tourism unit will be eligible for assistance during the operative period of the policy.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel in her series of tweets said: On World Tourism Day, Gujarat Government announces new Tourism Policy 2015-2020 to harness potential and scope of tourism in Gujarat optimally. With Tourism sector being accorded ‘Industry’ status, Tourism policy 2015-2020 will aim at bringing Gujarat among top 5 tourism states in India. Policy will focus on various aspects including environment sustainability, cleanliness, employment generation and enhancing infrastructure. I am sure Tourism policy, 2015-2020 will lead to inclusive growth, sustainable development and reinforce Gujarat as ‘Tourism destination.’
- EAM Jaishnkar lays foundation of Sardar Patel Center for Empowerment and Livelihoods near Statue of Unity site in Gujarat
- If need arise, India will send aircraft to bring Indians back from Corona virus hit areas in China: EAM Jaishankar in Gujarat
- ACB nabs 3 including Sarpanch and woman Talati in Central Gujarat red handed taking bribe
- Bharatiya Chitra Sadhna to organize Chitra Bharti Film Festival in Ahmedabad during 21-22-23 February
- 3rd largest global pizza chain Little Caesars enters India through Gujarat with its first vegetarian store
- Reliance Jewels adds to New Year festivities with Bella collection and Special Offers