First Indo-Chinese Young Engineering Leaders’ Conclave at IITGNOctober 06, 2015
Young engineers from India and China will gather at Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) to discuss pioneering technical work and leading-edge research across a range of engineering fields of global importance at a three-day-long conclave.
The gathering is a part of the first Indo-Chinese Young Engineering Leaders’ Conclave (ICON-1) facilitated by the Indian Academy of Engineering (INAE) and the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE) from October 7 to October 9, 2015.
The discussions will revolve around four themes, which include Safety; Health Care Devices; Big Data; and Clean Water. 28 Indian and 13 Chinese delegates will participate in the event. They will participate in the conclave through technical presentations, group discussions, brain storming sessions and develop important recommendations. There will be eight technical sessions and panel discussion in addition to the inaugural and concluding sessions.
IITGN professor Pranab Mohapatra, who is one of the coordinators of the event, said, “The themes of the conclave areas are extremely important topics for both India and China. The recommendations coming out of these sessions at the conclave will be helpful to researchers at different levels, policymakers and others.”
The participants will take a Heritage Walk in Ahmedabad City and attend a cultural program.
INAE and CAE have agreed to organize conclaves for young engineering leaders of both countries every year. The annual event invites eminent and young engineering professionals from both the countries to present and discuss pioneering technical work and leading-edge research across a range of engineering fields of global importance.
Prof Mohapatra said, “The conclave provides an opportunity for healthy growth of engineering education, industry, research and development in India and China.”
- AMC declares 14 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 20
- AMC seals famous food joints for pandemic rules violations
- Jio Cricket Play Along begins with cricket season
- Gujarat CM announces Rs. 3700 crore package for assistance to farmers hit by excess rains
- Gujarat Assembly Monsoon Session 2020: Details of first day of business
- 'કૃષિ સુધાર બિલ ૨૦૨૦'માં માત્રને માત્ર ખેડૂતોના હિતોનું જ ધ્યાન રાખવામાં આવ્યું છે: સી.આર.પાટીલ
- Congress MLAs protest govt practice of giving fine collection targets to traffic cops
- Gujarat Chief Minister's remark ahead of start of Gujarat Assembly Monsoon Session 2020