Govt clears bonus for rail employeesOctober 07, 2015
Ahead of the festive season, the Centre today cleared a proposal to give 78-day wages as productivity-linked bonus (PLB) to over 12 lakh railway employees for the fiscal 2014-15, the same as in the last three years, despite the financial crunch.
The decision will cover 12.58 lakh non-gazetted railway employees who could get up to Rs 8,975 this month as bonus.
The proposal was cleared by the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
According to the government, the bonus is expected to motivate the employees to improve the financial position of the public transporter.
“This year also PLB equivalent to 78 days’ wages will be paid considering the good financial performance which is expected to motivate employees for working towards improving the same in future,” it said in a statement.
The financial implication is estimated to be Rs 1,030.02 crore.
The wage calculation ceiling prescribed for payment of PLB to the eligible non-gazetted railway employees is Rs 3500 per month.
PLB covers all non-gazetted railway employees (excluding RPF/RPSF personnel) spread over the entire country.
In 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2013-14 also, 78-day wages were also given as PLB to railway employees.
Productivity-linked bonus is paid to railway employees each year before the Dussehra festival.
- EAM Jaishnkar lays foundation of Sardar Patel Center for Empowerment and Livelihoods near Statue of Unity site in Gujarat
- If need arise, India will send aircraft to bring Indians back from Corona virus hit areas in China: EAM Jaishankar in Gujarat
- ACB nabs 3 including Sarpanch and woman Talati in Central Gujarat red handed taking bribe
- Bharatiya Chitra Sadhna to organize Chitra Bharti Film Festival in Ahmedabad during 21-22-23 February
- 3rd largest global pizza chain Little Caesars enters India through Gujarat with its first vegetarian store
- Reliance Jewels adds to New Year festivities with Bella collection and Special Offers