Akshay Kumar donates Rs 50 lakh for water conservation schemeOctober 11, 2015
Bollywood star Akshay Kumar has donated Rs 50 lakh for the Maharashtra government’s flagship ‘Jalyukt Shivar Abhiyaan’ (local water conservation scheme).
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis thanked the actor for his contribution, an official release said here.
The scheme, promoted vigorously by the CM, envisages constructing ponds on farms for water harvesting, and making the villages ‘drought-proof’.
- AMC seals 376 paan shops in a day in a major drive
- Mahesh Vasava led BTP's two Rajasthan MLAs to abstain from Gehlot govt floor test
- AMC declares 12 new Micro Containment Areas, removes existing 6
- Reliance 1st online AGM to feature brand-new virtual platform, Chatbot
- Highest daily spike of Covid-19 cases recorded in Gujarat
- HSBC to set up IFSC Banking Unit at GIFT City Gujarat