CM asks Brahmasamaj to create awareness on Swavlamban schemeOctober 12, 2015
Leaders of Brahmasamaj community from Kutch-Saurashtra presented a citation and an axe as a symbol of seer Parashuram to Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel here today for announcing the Mukhya Mantri Yuva Swavlamban Yojna.
They hailed from Rajkot, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Morbi, Junagadh, Kutch and other places.
They wished the new scheme would provide scholarship to youth for higher studies in medical science and engineering as well as encourage them to startup their own projects to generate jobs for self and others.
The Chief Minister complimenting the Brahmasamaj community for their contribution to the society asked them to create awareness about the self-employment scheme. The present generation needs to be told the odds their predecessors faced before 2001. She said there is need for educational revolution alongside peace, amity and safety in the society.
Minister of State for Women and Child Welfare Vasuben Trivedi, Minister of State for Energy Govindbhai Patel were present during the meeting.
- Cold wave and normal to severe cold day conditions prevailed in parts of Gujarat, Naliya records 3.4°C- the second lowest of this winter
- CID crime arrests 26 in connection with Kutch district central cooperative bank scam
- Gujarat govt. contemplating to provide free travel facility to around 8 lakh construction workers
- Railway minister could not participate in Tejas Exp flag off due to delay in another event in central Gujarat: Railway spokesperson
- Paytm targets half a million merchants in Gujarat to use its 'All-in-One QR'
- Ahmedabad - Mumbai Tejas Express train flagged off