Navratri 2015 kicks off todayOctober 13, 2015
Navratri 2015 begins today.
In Gujarat, the government has followed the Supreme Court guidance and allowed microphones and speakers sound till 12.00. Eateries are allowed to remain open till 1.00 am. However some Five-Star hotels in Ahmedabad has announced midnight vegetarian buffet till 4.00 am.
In Ahmedabad, GMDC ground will host Vibrant Navratri mahotsav like every year. Prime Minister Narendra Modi when was Chief Minister had started this initiative. All top government officials, ministers and chief minister shall remain present to watch the inaugural Navratri cultural event and perform aarti. According to Ahmedabad police, there were 67 applications for permit to Garba events from across the city.
In Vadodara, top singer Atul Purohit is all set to enthrall the United Way ground. The other major Garba venue is Vadodara Navratri Festival where Soli Kapadia and Nisha Vyas will sing garba.
Singer Aishwarya Majmudar will perform at Bharuch. Praful Dave – like every year is traveling abroad. Shyamal Saumil Munshi will perform at various venues across Ahmedabad, detail of which has been put on his Facebook page.
Falguni Pathak will perform at Raas Garba 2015 organized by the Ghatkopar Gujarati Samaj between October 13 and 22 at Ghatkopar East.
There’s no particular trend in terms of dressing, steps or songs this year. Online ticket booking is new thing in terms of business.
- 3 nabbed by crime branch in connection with recovery of mobile phones from prisoners of Vadodara central jail
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- 100 to leave worldly life, become Jain monks in Surat on February 1
- A cheater duping poor patients in public hospital in Vadodara nabbed
- Ahmedabad: Traffic police constable, three towing van team members held for taking bribe
- 8 year old girl injured by leopard in Gujarat