In photos : Navratri Mahotsav kicks off in AhmedabadOctober 14, 2015
Organized by Gujarat Tourism Corporation and Gujarat Industries Navratri Festival Society, the Navratri Mahotsav was opened by state Chief Minister at GMDC ground in Ahmedabad. The inaugural function was 50 minute long. It was on ‘Garba’ theme. The initial 20 minutes were performed by Manipuri dancers. During next 20 minutes, various Garbas were played. In last 10 minutes, Raas and Finale performances were catered. With this a tourism pavilion, cultural theme pavilion, food court, children’s playground, sports adventures, craft market etc attractions are opened for public. Italian ambassador to India, Arab League Mission incharge in India, Shri Lanka’s third secretary, Consul General, ministers, top government officials, Gujarat Navratri Festival Society president Parimal Nathwani among others were present in this function.
- Citizenship Amendment Bill gets nod of Parliament
- Wellness centre opened near Statue of Unity in Kevadia
- GIFT City CEO welcomes Lok Sabha nod to IFSC bill
- Parts of North Gujarat and Kutch likely to see light rain tomorrow
- Bill proposing 50% management quota seats in professional courses passed in State assembly
- DPS case: Court rejects anticipatory bail pleas of MD cum CEO, former trustee of Kalorex foundation and ex-principal