Modi accuses opposition of doing politics of polarisationOctober 14, 2015
Accusing the opposition of indulging in pseudo secularism and politics of polarisation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has described the Dadri lynching incident and the cancellation of Ghulam Ali’s concert in Mumbai as “unfortunate” but said his government has nothing to do with them.
He also charged that the opposition was using minorities as vote bank by raising the bogey of communalism.
“The Dadri incident or opposition to Pakistani singer is undesirable and unfortunate. But what is the central government’s relation with these incidents”, Modi told Bengali daily Ananda Bazar Patrika.
This is the first time that the Prime Minister has spoken directly on the Dadri incident, where a Muslim man was killed over rumours of beef eating. Last week the Prime Minister had made a strong plea that Hindus and Muslims should not fight each other but poverty. He had also referred to the President’s call for maintaining India’s core values of tolerance and mutual respect.
The Prime Minister had made his remarks last week in an election meeting after coming under attack for his “silence” on the Dadri incident.
On his party’s stand (on such incidents), Modi said, “BJP never supported such kind of incidents. The opposition is raising the bogey of communalism against BJP bringing those incidents, but are they themselves not doing politics of polarisation”.
He said, “Such debate has taken place in the past. BJP always opposed pseudo-secularism. Now again this debate is taking place in the face of unfortunate social malaise”.
“This debate can be resolved through dialogue and discussion,” he said.
Modi claimed those parties were resorting to such propaganda which did not want the development of minorities and look at them as vote bank.
- Names and locations of Coronavirus cases in VMC area of Vadodara
- Names and Locations of 49 latest detected Coronavirus cases in AMC areas of Ahmedabad
- 55 new Covid19 cases detected in 12 hours, total 155 active patients in Gujarat
- Seven who gathered for Namaz, booked by Raopura police in Vadodara
- 2nd Covid19 patient in Patan booked for hiding details of fist Covid19 patient and thereby help virus to spread
- When we are in difficulty, nation backs us, when nation is in difficult time, we want to extend our support: Farmers in Amreli