Process to declassify Netaji files to begin in January next yearOctober 14, 2015
The secret files related to Subhas Chandra Bose will be declassified by the central government beginning January 23 next year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced today as he met Netaji’s family members and declared “there is no need to strangle history”.
He said he will also urge foreign governments to declassify files on Netaji available with them by writing to them and personally taking up with foreign leaders, beginning with Russia in December.
His announcement regarding an issue that has been hanging fire for seven decades came when he received 35 family members of Bose at his official residence here and interacted with them for an hour.
“Process of declassification of files relating to Netaji will begin on 23rd January 2016, Subhas Babu’s birth anniversary,” Modi tweeted later.
“Will also request foreign governments to declassify files on Netaji available with them. Shall begin this with Russia in December,” he said in another tweet.
Declaring that “there is no need to strangle history”, he said “nNations that forget their history lack the power to create it.”
- 3 nabbed by crime branch in connection with recovery of mobile phones from prisoners of Vadodara central jail
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- 100 to leave worldly life, become Jain monks in Surat on February 1
- A cheater duping poor patients in public hospital in Vadodara nabbed
- Ahmedabad: Traffic police constable, three towing van team members held for taking bribe
- 8 year old girl injured by leopard in Gujarat